Directorate of Fire & Emergency Services J&K, UT
Subject: Re-examination (written test) of candidates who have applied for the posts of Fireman/Fireman
Drivers vide Advertisement Notice No. 01 of 2013 Dated 12-03-2013.
Reference.- Advertisement Notification No.01 of 2013 Dated 12-03-2013 read with Notification No. DF&ES/Rec-
2018/5908-18 Dated 14-08-2018 and in compliance of Govt, order No. 880-Home of 2019 Dated 01-08-2019
Notification for written Test
It is hereby notified for information of all the concerned as follows:
- In pursuance of Govt. Order No. 880-Home of 2019 Dated: 01-08-2019 the written
examination for the post of Fireman/Fireman Driver in the Fire & Emergency Service
Department shall be conducted afresh.
- Only those candidates who have appeared in the previous written examination shall be
eligible to appear in re-examination. Further, the candidates who have failed in driving test
will not be eligible to appear in the re-examination.
- The candidates shall download their admit cards from 12th of September, 2020 from the
official website of Fire & Emergency Services, i.e. fireandemergencyjk.co.in
- The written examination shall be held on 20th of September 2020 (Sunday) from 11:00 hrs.
to 13:00 hrs. The venue of the examination is mentioned in the admit card.
- The name of the Centre, post for which applied, Roll No. of the candidate for the written
test will be notified in the Admit Card.
- The candidates shall check their particulars in the Admit card carefully and in case any
discrepancy is found, the same be immediately reported to the Chairman, Departmental
Recruitment Board of Fire & Emergency Service on Email.lD firstname.lastname@example.org
- The written test will be objective/OMR type having 100 questions (total 100 marks) as per
the-syllabus already published.
- The OMR sheet will be candidate specific and the candidates shall verify their personal details
provided on the OMR sheet and in case of any discrepancy, the candidate shall immediately
report to the examination incharge.
- The candidates shall use blue/black ball point pen in the written test. The OMR guidelines
for making of response/correct answers on Answer/OMR sheets will be mentioned in the
- The candidates appearing in the written test shall bring their Admit Cards along with one
of the Photo identify proofs such as Aadhar Cards/Passport/Driving License/Voter Card etc.
in original failing which they will be denied entry.
- The candidates shall strictly comply with the directions given to them by Examiners/
Invigilators. Any candidate found disregarding the directions shall be liable to be debarred
from the written test.
- Possession of mobile/smart phones or any electronic device (e.g. calculator, Bluetooth
device, pager, headphone, ipad, tablets etc) besides books/notes inside the examination
hall is prohibited. The candidates should not carry any such item inside the examination
hall and any person found carrying same will be disqualified on the spot.
- Smart watches and other electronic gadgets inside the examination hall/room are not
permitted. The candidates are advised not to bring any such items with them to the
examination centre as the arrangement for their safekeeping cannot be assured. Any loss
of such items shall be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Use of unfair means in the examination is strictly prohibited. Any candidate using unfair
means in the written test will be debarred from the written test and will also be prosecuted.
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in the Examination
Hall or harass the staff posted for conduct of the Examination. The candidates found involved
in any such misconduct will be penalised and debarred from the Examination.
- In view of the Covid-19, the candidates are directed to wear face masks throughout their
examination. No candidate will be allowed inside the examination hall without wearing face mask.
- The candidates shall follow the instructions as mentioned in the admit card.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the examination.