Applications are invited from “Scheduled Tribe” (ST) students of Jammu & Kashmir
UT pursuing studies in Government/ Private
recognized Educational Institutions for class 9th & 10th for the year 2020-21 who intend to avail Scholarship under the Centrally
Sponsored Scheme “Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST students for class 9th& 10th Only” for the year 2020-21.
The ST students have
to fill their application forms and submit to the concerned Educational Institutions before 31st of December, 2020.
The eligible students shall submit the application form along with the requisite certificates/documents to the concerned Head
of the Institution who after proper verification and scrutiny shall forward these application forms along-with recommendation
of eligible candidates to the concerned Chief Education Officer.
The Chief Education Officer concerned after verifying the forms
along-with relevant documents submitted by the Institutions, (Government/Private) shall further submit the application forms
along-with recommendation to Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Jammu/Kashmir along-with list of candidate (both hard/soft copy)
as per format (B) by or before 15th of January, 2021.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
Student should belong to a Scheduled Tribe.
His/Her Parents/Guardians income should not exceed Rs. 2.00 Lakhs Per Annum.
Private Institutions Recognized by the Government shall submit the recognition letter issued by the competent authority.
The candidate should not be getting any other Centrally/State funded Scholarship.
The candidate should be a regular, full time student studying in a Government School or in a Private school recognized by the
State UT/Centre government.
Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, She/He would not get
Scholarship for the Class for a second (or subsequent) year.
Documents required to be attached with the application form:-
1. Passport size Photograph to be pasted on application form.
2. Domicile Certificate/Residence Certificate.
3. Valid Category Certificate (Schedule Tribe) Issued by the competent authority.
4. Income Certificate:-
i. Parents/guardians current income certificate (in original)issued by the Tehsildar (in case of students whose parents/
guardians are not Govt. employees).
ii. In case of ward of Govt. employee, salary certificate issued by the concerned Drawing & Disbursing Officers.
5. Fee receipt in original with name of the candidate, date, class duly sealed & signed by Head of Institution/competent
6. Promotion Certificates/ Marks sheet of last qualified exam or authenticated by the competent authority.
7. Valid Hosteller Certificate, issued by the Institution if the candidate stays in Hostel.
8. Recognition Certificate of the Institution issued by competent authority in respect of Private Institution.
9. Photo copy of the Pass-Book indicating complete particulars i.e., Name of the Account Holder, Address, Active Bank
Account Number, Bank Branch & IFSC Code etc.
10. Aadhaar number along with photo copy of the Aadhaar Card if available.
11. (Documents/ Certificates with cutting/tampering will lead to the rejection of application form)
Date of Notification
Last date for submis-
sion of forms to the
Scrutiny of forms at Institu-
tion Level/Chief Education
01.01.2021 to 10.01.2021.
Submission of forms to
Deputy Director Office by
Chief Education Officer
Scrutiny of Forms by
Deputy Director Level
Release of Scholarship by
deputy Director to the eligible
01.02.2021 to 28.02.2021.
In case of any difficulty concerned Head of the Institution can contact the following Officers during Office Hours: 10.00 AM to 4.30.PM.
S.No Districts Name of the Officers/Officials Contact Mobile Numbers / Office Numbers Designation
Division Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Kashmir firstname.lastname@example.org
Division Deputy Director Tribal Affairs Jammu email@example.com
0191-2479198, 9018748225 Deputy Director Jammu
Sd/-Muhammad Saleem (KAS)