Valley News Desk

Teenage Girl Dies Off Severe Burn Injuries in Kupwara Village

Jahangir Lolabi

Kupwara, Jan 25 (GNS): A 16-year-old girl has died off grave burn injuries, which she received during a cooking gas leakage incident, on Monday afternoon in Chakk Warnow area of this north Kashmir district.

Reports reaching GNS said that the girl was doing household chores when the incident took place.

The girl, as per a family member, was immediately rushed to Sub-District Hospital Kupwara wherefrom she was referred to SKIMS Srinagar for further treatment. However, as per family member, the teenager owing to her serious injuries succumbed soon after.

Confirming the fatality, SHO Police Station Kuligam, Manzoor Ahmad told GNS that the girl had received serious burn injuries in a gas leakage incident while the teenager was cooking meals. (GNS)

Follow Us On
Valley News Desk